Who knows what bubble and squeak is? Check this recipe out to discover a delicious breakie meal.
My Mum used to make it for breakfast with left over vegetables from dinner the night before. I never used to like it much but now I love it. I always make extra vegetables when I steam or roast for dinner.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 3-4 Cups pre-cooked roast or steamed vegetables
- 1Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ Cup feta (optional)
- Using a fork, mash all ingredients together in a large bowl. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth. It’s better if you have a few lumps and bumps.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and allow to heat for a minute.
- Place a large heaped tablespoon full of the vegetable mixture in the pan and press down gently to flatten a little.
- Cook for 2 minutes on the one side and gently flip them over with an egg flip. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with and egg or they are lovely by themselves.
If you would like to know how to reduce toxins in your life click the link below and go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for family health advice
Subscribe to Blog via Email