A little twist on vegetarian fried rice
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 2½ Cups of rice, rinsed
- 1 brown onion, finely diced * You can use a food processor
- ½ head of cauliflower, finely diced to finely diced the veggies
- 1 small head of broccoli, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 bok hoy heads, finely shredded
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 tsp. curry powder (you can use less or more if you like)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¹⁄³ Cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Once it is cooked, spread it out evenly on a baking tray. Leave it to cool then put it in the fridge. This can be done in the morning or the day before.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok to medium-high heat. Add oil and heat for a minute.
- once oil is hot, add onion and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add curry powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and broccoli. Stir to coat the vegetables in the curry.
- Reduce heat to medium then put the lid on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables. Stir them into the cauliflower and broccoli. Put the lid back on and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the soy sauce into the vegetables and then add the rice. Give the rice a really good mix so it is all coated in the vegetable mixture.
- Serve it as it is or with a little extra soy sauce and some chilli if you like more spice.
If you would like to support your family’s health and wellbeing with the most amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save
You can follow me on Facebook for more information on health and wellness
Subscribe to Blog via Email