We all know kids love simple foods. But they often don’t love green bits (like my son).
This dish is a great introduction to “bits” in their food. It’s full of flavour, not too spicy and pretty quick to whip up.
Gluten, egg, dairy and nut free
Serves 5 or 6
- 400g grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ Cup water from the pasta
- ¹⁄8 tsp. salt
- ½ Cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil and a little extra for baking
- 350g shell pasta, I use Barilla gluten free
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Toss the tomatoes in a little olive oil in a small baking dish.
- Once the oven is heated, place the tomatoes in the oven and cook for 10-15 mins or until the tomatoes have wilted and gone soft.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large saucepan, in loads of water and according to packet directions.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Once it is heated, add tin the oil and heat.
- Add in the onion and cook for 1 minute until it begins to soften. then add the garlic and chilli.
- Pour in the cooked tomatoes, sprinkle with the salt and bring to the boil. Then add in the pasta water.
- Allow to gently boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and toss in the cooked and drained pasta. Stir the pasta through the sauce to ensure it is fully coated.
- Sprinkle with the basil and serve. You can sprinkle it with freshly grated Parmesan if you have it.
If you would like to know how to get the most amazing wellness products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips.
Subscribe to Blog via Email