- 200g butter softened
- 1 ½ Cups almond meal
- 3/4 Cup polenta
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- zest 3 lemons
- 1/2 Cup coconut sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/2 Cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 20cm springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 2 mins.
- Add 1/2 the almond meal and one egg. Beat until well combined.
- Add other half of the almond meal and other egg and beat until combined. Finally, beat in polenta.
- Pour into the lined pan and cook in oven for 20 mins or until golden on the top and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan.
- When cake is almost cool, heat lemon juice and honey in a small saucepan. Simmer until dissolved together, giving a light whisk.
- Using the skewer, poke several holes in the top of the cake to allow syrup to easily soak into the cake. Pour the syrup over the cake nice and slowly. Allow to soak in completely.
- Take cake out of springform pan and onto a flat plate. Nice served with marscapone.