You can add any seeds of nuts that you like to this recipe. Sometimes I replace the coconut with cashews
Gluten, egg and dairy free
- 1½ cup shredded coconut
- ¹⁄2 cup pepitas
- ¹⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C natural peanut butter or any nut butter (you can use Tahini if you want to make it nut free)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (if you’re going to bake it). Grease and line a small square slice tin.
- In a food processor, blend coconut and seeds until fine but still a bit of texture.
- In a small saucepan heat honey, oil and peanut butter on low heat, continuously whisking until bubbly and thick.
- Add the oil mixture into the coconut and seeds and blend until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into lined tray and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly.
- You can put it straight in the fridge and let it set.
- Or you can cook in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes to give it a little crunch and light golden colour.
- Cool completely and place in fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into small pieces with a sharp knife.
If you have made this recipe I would love to hear from you or see a photo of it so I can add it to my blog. Please share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too.
If you would like to know how to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips.
Subscribe to Blog via Email