This is a sometimes breakfast or snack in our house due to the chorizo. i get my chorizo from a continental grocer because the one I get has less rubbish in it. Anyway, I would rather feed this to my kids than sugary cereals that doesn’t sustain them, gives them an insulin surge and doesn’t promote concentration.
Gluten and nut free
Makes 14-15 mini quiches
- 1 chorizo, finely diced
- 3-4 medium button mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g haloumi, grated
- 1tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a muffin tray. I like to use my silicon muffin cases as they are so easy to peel off.
- Heat a medium frying pan on high heat. Add oil and heat until bubbling.
- Put the chorizo into the pan and cook, stirring for 3 minutes until it starts to go brown and a little crisp.
- Toss in shallots and mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Very gently whisk the eggs in a clean bowl. Don’t whisk too hard or fast as this will put too many air bubbles in the eggs.
- Add haloumi to the eggs, then add the chorizo, mushrooms and shallots.
- Gently stir to combine and spoon into the muffin holes. Fill about ¾ full.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden on the top and they have risen. Gently touch the top. if they spring back they are cooked through.
Subscribe to Blog via Email