Kids love chicken nuggets. I refuse to cook those terrible frozen supermarket nuggets. They are full of preservatives and who knows what chicken they use (if it really is chicken). Plus if you look at the price per kilo, they are not cheap. Some are up to $23/kg. Please look at the price per kilo of frozen food. I am always hearing that it is cheaper to eat frozen food. I can tell you that it is not, and that’s not including the medical expenses you will incur.
- 1kg chicken mince
- 2 tsp. celery salt
- 3 corn cobs, corn removed
- ¹/³ Cup gluten free corn flour
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- In a glass bowl mix chicken mince, 2Tbsp. corn flour and celery salt with your hands.
- Sprinkle half of the left over corn flour on a clean plate.
- Wet your hands slightly. Roll 2Tbsp. of the mixture into a ball and flatten to make a nugget.
- Place on top of the corn flour. Continue until you have used all of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the corn flour over the nuggets.
- Heat a large frying pan to high heat with the coconut oil.
- When the oil is sizzling, add the nuggets to the pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until they are cooked through and golden on the outside. Cut one open to check if they are cooked.
- Serve with a salad or vegetables.