When you fancy something a little sweet and a little spicy, these nuts are delicious.
Gluten, egg, dairy free
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- 1 Cup raw cashews
- 1 Cup raw walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or monk fruit sugar
- 2 Tbsp. MCT oil (liquid coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 180oC and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place nuts in a large bowl.
- Add oil, maple syrup, sugar, curry powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Bring to the boil and make sure sugar is dissolved. Once it is dissolved, pour the liquid over the nuts and mix ensuring you coat the nuts in the sugary mixture.
- Pour the nuts onto the baking tray and spread them out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 6 minutes, take them out, stir them around, place them back in the oven and bake for a further 6 minutes or until they have gone a bit darker.
- Take the tray out of the oven and leave the nuts to cool.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.