Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in ¼ lengthways
- 3 cloves garlic in the skin, cut in ½
- 1 red onion, skin on, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- I use 1-2 whole green chilli’s or you can use a little chilli powder if your family likes that. The 2 green chilli’s doesn’t give much heat.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- In a large baking tray spread out tomatoes, onion, capsicum, garlic and chilli if using one.
- Sprinkle with cumin, salt, pepper and chilli powder if using it, then pour the oil over all of the ingredients. Give them all a good toss ensuring the oil coats everything nicely.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until nice and soft and charred.
- Take the skin off the garlic and the onion. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz. I like to give a quick blitz so there are still a few little chunks in it, but if your family likes it smooth, blitz for longer.
- Serve with raw vegetables, toasted Lebanese bread or tortillas.
Subscribe to Blog via Email