These meatballs are nice and moist with a hint of Asian flavour. You can add any other ingredients to them like lemongrass or soy if you like. They don’t need an egg or breadcrumbs to bind them. They stick together nicely.
Gluten, egg, dairy and nut free
- 1kg chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4cm chunk ginger
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 Cup coriander
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or Thermomix and blend until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Using damp hands, roll the mince into small balls about 1-11/2 tablespoons. Place on a clean plate and put into the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- I used an air fryer but you can use a hot fry pan and some oil. After placing the meatballs on 2 trays from the airfare, I sprayed them with coconut oil.
- Set the temperature to 190oC and time to 6 minutes. When that is done turn them over and set teh same time and temperature again.
- Don’t over cook them or they be a little dry.
- Serve with my ASIAN SALAD WITH SATAY DRESSING