When you want tacos but want a little extra health. These are your best bet. Beef or bean or both…
Here is how you make taco mince without the nasty packet of preservatives and chemicals AND it’s cheaper. You can pay around $2 for 1 packet of taco seasoning. This mix will cost you about 20c.2
Gluten, nut, egg and dairy free if you don’t top it with cheese.
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 stalks celery
- ½ yellow capsicum (or a full small one)
- 2tsp. ground cumin
- 2tsp. paprika
- 1tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1tsp. salt
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 can or cup Cannellini beans. If they are fresh make sure they are soaked and cooked first.
- 1Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lettuce of your choice, washed and leaves separated. We used Cos but Iceburg lettuce would be perfect.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add oil and heat through.
- Add onion to the pan and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add celery, capsicum and garlic and cook ,stirring for 2 or 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to high. Add the mince and salt. Brown the mince and make sure it is covered in the spices.
- Stir the tomatoes into the mince mixture. Bring to the boil, add beans and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer meat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like to squash the beans with the back of the spoon or use a potato masher. This thickens the sauce and allows the beans to get into the meat so they are less obvious to fussy eaters.
- Taste the meat and season if necessary.
- Serve on lettuce with diced tomato, grated cheese, ROASTED TOMATO SALSA and GUACAMOLE
If you would love to support your family’s health and wellbeing with the best natural products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Subscribe to Blog via Email