These are the most quick and simple little tarts to make and taste so good with a cuppa.
Gluten and dairy free
- 3 eggs
- 2 Cups almond meal
- 1/2 Cup tapioca (arrowroot) flour
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup + a bit extra for the top
- 3 Tbsp. monk fruit sugar (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 8 pecans finely chopped
- 4 fresh figs sliced into 3 per fig.
- Heat oven to 160oC and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Beat eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup (keep the little bit extra), sugar and cinnamon with a hand beater, food processor or Thermomix until well combined.
- Add the almond meal and tapioca flour and blend for 10 seconds until well combined.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of maple syrup over the pecans and gently roll the pecans in the syrup to coat them.
- Pour the tart mixture into the muffin cases.
- Top each tart with a piece of fig and a sprinkle of pecans.
- Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until they are lightly golden. Don’t over cook as they will go too dry.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 10 mins then place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Eat them as they are or with a nice blob of marscapone.