This lasagne is just a vegetable sauce so to the small eye, there are no BITS lol. I get asked to make this a lot in my house because apparently we don’t have to have veggies for the night. Mummy is sneaky sneaky….
Gluten, nut and dairy free.
- 1 packet gluten free, fresh lasagne sheets. If you want to make the lasagne larger, you can buy an extra packet.
- 1 jar tomato passata sauce
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 zucchinis, finely diced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 large stick celery or 2 small ones, finely diced
- ½ cauliflower, diced in small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¹⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Cup grated tasty or mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. gluten free corn flour
- 75g butter
- 2½ Cups milk
- ¼ Cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a small casserole dish with olive oil.
- Heat a large frying pan or saucepan to medium-high heat. Heat oil.
- Add onion and cook stirring for 2 minutes until soft. Add garlic, celery and carrots. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Toss in cauliflower and zucchini and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the passata sauce. Keep the empty jar and add ¾ cup of water to it. Put the lid on and shake it. Pour the water into the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and herbs. Give it a good stir. Bring to the boil then put the lid on and reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- While the sauce is cooking you can make the béchamel sauce.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbling.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring with a small whisk, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling.
- Remove from heat and slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce is bubbling and thick.
- Add parmesan and touch of salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once the vegetables are soft, blend with a hand blender or put it in a food processor to make a sauce.
- Spread a small spoonful of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Lay lasagne sheets tin top. Spread tomato sauce over the top then some béchamel sauce. Continue to layer the sheet and sauces to the top. Make sure the sauces finish on the top.
- Spread the grated cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese on the top is golden.
- Serve with a green side salad.
Subscribe to Blog via Email