These apricot bars are much healthier than the sugary ones in the supermarket. So quick and easy to make.
- 1½ Cups dried apricots, finely diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 Cups coconut
- 2 Cups almond meal
- 1-2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat the water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Once it is boiling, add the apricots and coconut sugar.
- reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until the apricots are nice and soft and the water is syrupy.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until it is nice and smooth. if you think the mixture is a little wet add more coconut or almond meal.
- Line a square slice tin with baking paper.
- Press the apricot mixture into the tin. I like to put a piece of baking paper on the top of the apricot mixture to press it down so it doesn’t stick to my hands. You can smooth it out nice and evenly this way.
- Pre-cut some bars in the mixture. You don’t have to cut all the way through just a few deep lines.
- Place in the fridge for at least and hour to set. Once set, pull whole lot out by pulling 2 sides of the baking paper up.
- Cut along the pre-cut lines to make bars. roll each one in some extra coconut.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Click on the link below to assist your family health with therapeutic essential oils. Go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips
Subscribe to Blog via Email