GF, NF, EF, DF
- 500g peeled green prawns
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 150g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 250g Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 Cup chicken, vegetable or seafood stock (I always use home made)
- ¾ Cup coconut milk
- 1-1½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1½ tsp. corn flour
- 1½ Tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Basmati rice
- 3 Cups water
- Put rice in a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Put into a medium saucepan and add water. Place the lid on the saucepan. Turn heat to high. Bring the rice to the boil then turn the heat to low. Once you see the that the water has been evaporated into the rice, turn the heat off and leave the lid on. Allow rice to sit in the saucepan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the coconut oil in a large frypan on medium-high heat. Add onion and allow to cook for 1 minute or until it starts to go soft.
- Add the curry powder into the pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute until nice and fragrant.
- Turn the heat up to high then put the prawns in the pan and cook for 1 minute, then add the vegetables. Add a nice crack of salt and pepper into the pan (if you are using store bought stock you won’t need salt so maybe don’t add any at this point). Turn all the ingredients so they are coated in the curry powder.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or mug, mix cornflour and water. Add the cornflour mixture into the sauce in the pan and stir continuously until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add in the coconut milk and allow to simmer for another 4 or 5 minutes.
- Serve with the cooked rice.