Gluten and dairy free
- 230 grams Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 Cup boiled water
- 1 ½ Cups almond meal
- 2 eggs
- ¼ Cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a small square slice tin.
- Soak half the dates in the boiling hot water.
- Mix the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil in a food processor until fluffy and a lighter colour.
- Put the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder in and blend until completely mixed.
- Take the dates out of the water and add to the food processor.
- Take the blade out of the food processor and stir in the rest of the dates and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until cooked through.
- Take out of the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Take out of the tin and cool on a wire rack with the baking paper removed.
- Cut into squares and enjoy…
Subscribe to Blog via Email