My chocolate slice is a great afternoon snack for when the kids get home from school.
Gluten, dairy and egg free
- 2 Cups desiccated coconut
- 1½ Cups almond meal
- ¼ Cup raw honey
- ¼ Cup natural nut butter of your choice (I used the Brazil, cashew and almond spread)
- ¼ Cup cocao
- ¹⁄³ Cup coconut oil (melted)
- 4 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. cocao
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Grease and line a square slice tin. Make sure some of the baking paper comes up the sides a little.
- Place all the ingredients for the base in a food processor.
- Blend all the ingredients until well combined and damp like wet sand.
- Pour into the prepared slice tin and spread out evenly, pressing down firmly.
- Place in the fridge to set a little for 10 minutes.
- To make the topping, whisk all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the slice base and spread it out evenly. Shake the tray and little to make the top smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until set firm.
- Remove from the tray by the baking paper and cut into squares. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you love this recipe please feel free to share it with your friends. I would love to see a photo of your finished product and add it to my food followers section on the blog.
If you would like to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips