I made the recipe specifically for my beautiful daughter who has a very sweet tooth. She loves her caramel, so I thought that I would try and make her one without all the sugar and butter.
You can eat this on yoghurt, porridge, cream stir it through cakes or just eat it as it is.
- 250g chopped Medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter
- Juice of 1 orange
- ½ Cup water
- Heat a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Add coconut oil or butter and allow to melt.
- Add in dates, orange juice and water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the temperature too low.
- Allow to simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t burn and so the dates break down. If the liquid reduces too much and it starts to burn on the bottom, add a little more water.
- Once the dates have broken down and it has become a sauce, turn the heat off and put it into a jar or straight onto whatever ur eating.
- You can add cinnamon or a drop of ur favourite Doterra essential oil for some amazing flavour.
If you would love to know how to get those beautiful essential oils, click the link below and go to join and save.
You can follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips