My family always asks for this recipe when we go camping. Sausage are just so easy when you go away. If you can get preservative free ones from the butcher, I highly recommend them.
Gluten, dairy and nut free
You can use any vegetables that you have handy for this recipe. Here is what I use.
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 6 button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can kidney or cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper top taste
- Heat a large frying pan or whatever large pan you have available, on high heat.
- Heat half the oil in the pan and add the sausages. Cook the sausages all the way through then remove them from the pan, onto a cutting board. When they are cool enough to handle, slice into 2-3cm pieces.
- Turn the heat down slightly to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes until soft and almost clear. Stir in garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in carrot and mushrooms. Cook, stirring for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour in can tomatoes. Add a little water to the can, swirl it around and pour it into the pan.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper into the sauce mix.
- Pour in beans and sausages. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, put the lid on and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Make a little hole in the sausage mixture in one corner of the pan. Crack an egg into the hole. Do this to the other 3 corners of the pan so you have 4 eggs in the pan.
- Put the lid back on and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the eggs are cooked through or cooked to your liking. If you like them running you may only need 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes, rice or crusty bread.
Subscribe to Blog via Email