These fritters are great warm or cold
2 zucchini, grated
2 fresh corn on the cob, kernels removed
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 eggs, whisked
¾ Cup Gluten Free self-raising flour
125g Haloumi, grated
3 Tbsp. milk
¼ tsp. salt
Pinch black pepper
¼ Cup coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- ½ Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- Large pinch pink salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (not coconut oil) with a fork.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and wait until it’s hot and bubbly.
- Using a large spoon, scoop heaped tablespoon sizes of the mixture into the hot oil and flatten it out a little.
- Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is nice and golden.
- Using an egg flip, turn the fritters over and cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes or until nice and golden. Make sure u flatten it out when you flip it over.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and sit them on a clean plate. You may need to do 2 batches in the frying pan to finish all of the mixture. In the meantime, cover the cooked fritters on the plate with some foil.
- Peel and remove the seed of the avocado.
- In a small bowl, roughly mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread it evenly out on a plate and serve fritters on top.