- 1 sourdough cob bread
- 250g cream cheese at room temperature
- 300ml sour cream
- 3-4 green shallots, thin slices
- 1 green chilli – green chilli’s are very mild. It will just give a little bite. Kids will be fine with it.
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 Cup grated tasty cheese
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut the top off the cob loaf and pull the bread out of the middle to make an empty shell. Pull the bread apart to make bite size pieces. Place just the shell on a baking tray.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat until sizzling.
- Throw in shallots and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add in garlic, capsicum, chilli and salt. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the 3 spices to the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Toss in tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tomato is soft and it forms a dark paste. Turn the heat off.
- Stir in cream cheese, then stir in sour cream.
- Add ½ the grated cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the shell of the cob bread and place in the oven.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Take the tray out and put the bread pieces and top of the cob, on the tray with the cob. Put the tray back in the oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the bread pieces are golden and crispy.
- Serve on a flat plate with bread pieces surrounding the cob.