Gluten and sugar free, a nice and light banana bread without the bloating and guilt…
- 2 Cups gluten free self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ Cup rice flour
- ½ tsp. bi-carb soda
- 200g butter
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed (save ¼ of 1 banana to slice and decorate the top of the bread)
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- ½ Cup natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it’s pale and creamy with an electric beater.
- Beat in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then add in the eggs, one at a time and beating after each until well combined.
- Gradually stir in both flours with a wooden spoon, adding about ½ cup at a time.
- Finally, add the raspberries and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and top with sliced banana.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.