I don’t often use canned vegetables, but camping is an exception. Who has room for loads of food in their camping fridge? This recipe requires canned potatoes and unfortunately (or is it fortunately? lol) for me my kids and husband love them.
Gluten, nut and egg free.
SERVES 4 TO 6
- 1 or 2 chorizo, sliced
- 200g haloumi, cubed
- 1 can potatoes, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Heat a large frying pan or any large pan you have on high heat.
- Add oil and cook chorizo both sides until it starts to go a little crisp.
- Push the chorizo to one side and add the haloumi. It won’t take long to start to go golden brown. Make sure you cook both sides.
- Toss in the garlic and butter and allow the butter to melt, then add the potatoes and toss them in the butter and oil from the chorizo for 2 minutes.
- Gently combine all the ingredients ensuring that the potatoes are nicely coated in all the flavoured oil.
- Serve as a dish or have with a salad.