If chorizo sausage doesn’t agree with you, you can make your own version.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 1kg mince. Pork and veal mince is great, but you can use any mice you have.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ red onion, grated
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp. sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- ¹⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder (optional)
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. make sure all ingredients are mixed in well with the mince.
- Using damp hands, roll a small ball into sausage shapes and then flatten with 2 fingers.
- Heat a grill plate, BBQQ or large frying pan on high heat. Make sure it has reached a very hot temperature.
- Lightly grease the plate or pan with olive oil.
- Place each patty onto the heat and press down a little. Cook on one side until well browned (approx 4 for 5 minutes).
- Turn the patties to cook on the other side. Cook on this side for another 4 or 5 minutes until cooked through the middle. Don’t cook too long and over cook them or they may become dry.
- Serve with salad, vegetables and /or rice.