Gluten, egg and dairy free
Preparation time 10 minutes
Setting in fridge 1 hour
- 10 Medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 Cup almonds
- 1/2 Cup pecans (you can use any nuts you like)
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1/3 Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 Cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 Cup coconut
- 1/4 Cup pepitas or flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Grease and line a small baking tray, slice tin.
- In a food processor or Thermomix, blend the nuts and dates until roughly chopped. You can hop them yourself if you don’t have either of these machines. Then pour them into a large bowl
- I do this in the Thermomix, but you can do it on the stove top. Gently heat on medium heat, the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla essence. Speed 1.5, heat 100oC, 3 minutes for the thermomix
- While the peanut butter mix is cooking, add the oats, and all of the seeds to the nut mix and give it a stir.
- Once the peanut butter and honey is melted and combined well, stir it into the nut mix. I use my hands for this. Give it a good mix to ensure all of the dry mixture becomes wet and sticky.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin and smooth the top with your hands or a large spoon. Put it in the fridge for an hour to set, then cut into muesli bars.
For all of my cooking, health and wellness video’s, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel