This is my daughters favourite accompaniment to any Asian meal. My son apparently hates coconut but he loves my “sweet” rice.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
Serves 6 side dishes
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 3½ Cups water
- ½ 400ml can coconut cream or milk
- If you have a rice cooker you can cook the rice as you would normally and add the coconut cream.
- In a medium saucepan, it’s the same. Add the water and coconut cream to the rice in the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan with the lid on over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low to simmer for about 8 minutes.
- When you see the water disappear below the rice, turn the heat off and leave on the stove top with the lid on for another 8 minutes.
- The water should have all disappeared and the rice should be nice and fluffy.
- I like to serve the rice with any Asian dish. Try my THAI STYLE BBQ CHICKEN
If you’re looking to support your family’s health in a non-toxic and natural way, click the link below and go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips