- 1½ Cups basmati rice
- 3 Cups Chicken broth (I always use home made)
- 1 Tbsp. Chicken fat (I use the fat that I keep in the freezer from the top of the broth I make)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- In a strainer, rinse rice.
- In a medium saucepan on Medium heat, heat chicken fat.
- When the fat is melted and bubbling slightly, add garlic and stir. Don’t allow the garlic to burn.
- Stir in the rice and coat the rice in the chicken fat.
- Turn the heat up to high and pour in stock and a pinch of salt.
- Put the lid on and bring to the boil. When the stock is boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer.
- When the stock has almost evaporated after about 7-8 minutes, turn the heat off and leave the lid on. Allow the rice to rest for 5-10 minutes to allow all the stock to be absorbed and for the rice to be nice and fluffy.
- Serve with your favourite accompaniment. See BBQ Chicken Satay in Main Meals.