Being gluten free, the outer crust will be a little crispy, but they are delicious and handy to have in the fridge for lunches or afternoon snacks.
If you are making these with normal flour (not gluten free), use less.
Gluten, egg and nut free:
Makes about 10-12 scrolls
- 2¼ Cups gluten free self-raising flour, plus some for rolling the dough.
- 1 Cup greek yoghurt
- Pinch salt
- 1½ Tbsp. tomato paste
- Large pinch oregano
- Small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ Cup bacon pieces
- ¾ Cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- I use a Thermomix to make my dough but you can use a food processor or mix with your hands.
- Put the flour, yoghurt and salt in the bowl of the machine or in a large bowl.
- Turn the processor onto low and to mix the dough for 15 seconds. Take the lid off, scrape down the side and mix for another 15 seconds.
- If the dough is a bit sticky, add a little more flour and give it another mix.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean, flat surface and turn the dough out onto it.
- Gently kneed the dough until it forms a soft, smooth ball.
- Take the baking paper from the tray and place it on the flat surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out so it covers the baking paper. It should be the same size as the baking paper.
- Mix the tomato paste, garlic and oregano in a small bowl then spread it evenly across the surface of the dough.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese across the top leaving 3cm free along one of the longest sides.
- Carefully roll the dough from the longest side. I roll it like I roll sushi. I get the baking paper and roll it over the top, pulling the paper and rolling the dough underneath.
- Lift the baking paper with the rolled dough onto the baking tray.
- Dip a sharp knife into a little flour and cut the dough into 3-4cm pieces all the way along.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the dough has started to brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool, then cut the pieces to make single scrolls.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you would love the most amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Subscribe to Blog via Email