My kids just think this is a curry sauce that we pour over rice. The vegetables cook down and at the end you can just give it a quick there whizz if you would like it a little less chunky.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1½ Cups broccoli cut into florets
- 1½ Cups cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Cup dried red lentils. I like to soak mine in water over night.
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3-4 cardamom pods, hit with the back of the knife to crack open a little
- 1 can coconut milk
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable stock paste (see thermomix recipe)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamom pods and chilli to the thermomix bowl. 1 min, 100°C, speed 1, measuring cup in.
- Add in the onion, ginger and garlic 5 sec, speed 6, measuring cup in.
- Put the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower into the bowl 8 sec, speed 7, measuring cup in, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Put the lentils in with the coconut milk, fill the empty coconut milk can with ¾ of the way and add it in as well as the salt.
- Cook 6 mins, 100ºC, speed 1, measuring cup in, scrape down the sides and make sure all vegetables are mixed in.
- Cook 30mins, 110º, speed 0.5, no measuring cup.
- If you would like to have the vegetables a little more disguised, turn the speed to 3 for a few seconds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
If you would love to support your family with amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save
If you would like more awesome health and wellness tips, follow me on Facebook