I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but this slice is amazing. Probably the favourite one of everyone in the house that I make.
Gluten, egg and dairy free
- 1½ Cups hazelnuts
- ¹⁄³ Cup hemp seeds
- 3 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1 Cup coconut
- ¹⁄³ Cup pepitas
- Medjool dates, pitted and sliced
- 2½ Tbsp. hard coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. hard coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. cocao
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- Heat oven to 200°C. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
- When the oven is hot, place hazelnuts on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes to roast the nuts. Check after 5 minutes and give them a mix around to make sure they cook evenly.
- Once the hazelnuts are golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a bit. Then place the nuts in a tea towel and rub them gently to remove most of the skin.
- Put all of the base ingredients in a food processor and blend until all ingredients are processed but still a little chunky.
- Pour the ingredients into the line tray and place in the fridge.
- To make the top, heat a small saucepan on low heat. Add both coconut oils, honey and maple syrup and whisk to combine. When the hard coconut oil is melted, add the cocao and whisk until thick well combined. Remove from the heat.
- Take the base out of the fridge and pour the chocolate topping over the base. Roll the pan around so the chocolate covers the whole base evenly. Put into the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Remove the slice from the tray and cut into squares.
If you loved this recipe, please share it with your friends. I would love to see a photo of the finished product so I can put it on my food followers page.
If you would like to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips
Subscribe to Blog via Email