Now I am not a massive steak fan. But if you cook it right and smother it in Diane sauce, I am happy. This recipe is so quick and easy and absolutely delicious.
Gluten, egg and nut free
- 1kg rump steak cut into 4 pieces. You can use any other good cut, but rump is economical.
- 300ml sour cream
- 1/2 Cup beef stock BONE BROTH
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Allow the steaks to sit out of the fridge to come up to room temperature. Also take the sour cream out of the fridge. You don’t want it too cold either.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat until it is very hot. Add the oil and butter and allow them to heat up.
- Add the steak and cook on one side for 2 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 2 minutes. Don’t allow them to cook through. You still want it to be pink or red.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and put them on a clean plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour the stock and Worcestershire sauce in and bring it to the boil.
- Stir in the sour cream and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the steak back into the pan for 1 minute the serve with any vegetables you choose. I had mine with my mushrooms and cauliflower in garlic butter.