This is the easiest way to make meatball pasta for the kids and they will love it. Some kids hate sauce, so this is great for them.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free.
- 8 good quality chicken sausages (I get mine from my local butcher)
- 500g gluten free pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- A few tablespoons of fresh basil finely shredded. I’ll let you decide how much you like to add.
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt
- Pepper to taste.
- ½ Cup boiling water that the pasta has cooked in.
- To make the meatballs, squeeze the meat from the sausages out onto a clean plate. You may need to cut some open. They don’t need to be perfect balls as the rough edges create nice crispy bits when cooked.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Make sure the saucepan is almost full with water and the water is fully boiling. Add a pinch of salt and then the pasta.
- Put the lid on to bring it back up to boiling rapidly then take the lid off. Cook the pasta according to packet directions and times.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat and add 1Tbsp of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook turning each meatball, until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and place them on a clean plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and add the rest of the oil into the pan. Heat the oil, then add in garlic, tomatoes and salt and pepper and gently toss them for 2 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Ladle the pasta water into the pan and toss it all through together.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for 1 minute until the tomatoes are soft and dissolved as a type of sauce. Don’t let it dry out, add a bit more pasta water or olive oil if you need to.
- Add the meatballs back in to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and toss it through the meatballs. Stir in the basil and serve.
If you loved this recipe I would love to hear about it or see a photo of the finished product to put on my website.
If you would like to assist your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips
Subscribe to Blog via Email