- 1.5kg pumpkin of choice, cut into small cubes. I like to use a different type every time for variation
- 4 small potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 brown onion, diced.
- 2 Cups chicken broth (stock)
- ½ Cup thickened cream (optional)
- 1 Cup brown lentils
- ½ – 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- Cracked black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until soft.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add in pumpkin, potato, salt and pepper, and toss through to coat with the oil and curry powder.
- Add in broth and lentils. Bring to the boil with the lid on. Boil until the pumpkin and potatoes are soft.
- Once they are soft, blend in a blender or use a hand blender to totally puree the ingredients.
- Stir in cream and heat through. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of cream.