This is the number one meal in our house. You can have it with pasta, rice or vegetables. We love it with mashed vegetables. Some potato, sweet potato, cauliflower and broccoli all mashed together. The kids love their veggies this way. Not so much singularly lol.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut lengthways, 3 pieces per breast.
- 250g bacon, finely diced
- 10 button mushrooms, finely diced or sliced.
- 600ml thick cream
- 1 Cup chicken stock BONE BROTH
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. butter or oil
- Some cracked black pepper, optional
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and some black pepper.
- Heat a large pan on high and once heated add the butter or oil. Once the butter is melted add the chicken breasts.
- Brown all breasts on 1 side and turn each one over to brown on the other side. Don’t worry about cooking them all the way through, just get some colour on them.
- Remove the chicken from the pan onto a clean plate.
- Add bacon into the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and the bacon, and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes then add the cream and bring that to the boil. Simmer for 3- 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. If the sauce is too runny, simmer for a few minutes until the cream has reduced and thickened a little.
- Serve with rice, pasta or vegetables. We like it mostly with mashed vegetables.