- 500g beef mince (you can use any mince you like)
- 2 large potatoes, skin on, diced into small pieces
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 420g can peas, drained
- 2 cloves crushed or diced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. tomato sauce (I don’t usually condone tomato sauce in cooking but we are camping)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 420g can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. – 1 Tbsp. curry powder (add to your liking)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 Cup boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan or frying pan (whatever you have handy), heat oil on medium/high heat. Add onion and cook stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and stir into the onion.
- Turn the heat up to high and add in mince, stir and break it up with a large spoon. Cook until most of it is brown. Don’t over cook.
- Add carrots, cauliflower and potato and cook for 2 minutes stirring as you go.
- Sprinkle curry powder, salt and pepper over beef and vegetables and cook stirring for 1 minute to release the flavours and aromas of the curry powder.
- Pour coconut milk into the pan. Pour the water into the coconut milk can, swish it around and then pour it into the pan. Also add sauces. Stir and then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, put the lid on a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is soft and sauce has thickened. Serve it as it is. No need to cook rice to have with it as the potato is enough.
Subscribe to Blog via Email