Raw honey is different to commercial honey as it is taken straight from the hive or honey extractor, it’s not heated, processed or had anything added to it. Store bought honey has been heated which can destroy the enzymes in the honey. For these reasons, I choose raw honey over store bought honey or sugar to sweeten my food. My local bee keeper is where I get it.
There are several other reasons we choose honey in our house. It has amazing healing benefits. Some of these are:
- Boosts energy levels.
- Antibacterial properties so it is great for colds and flu.
- Cough suppressant.
- Has anti-microbial properties so it is good for cuts, wounds, infections and skin disorders.
- Assist burns.
- Contains the amino acid tryptophan so is great to assist sleep.
- Fights seasonal allergies. By eating local honey, you can help fight sinus issues.
- Reduces joint inflammation.
To help combat some of these issues, I use essential oils mixed into the honey for that extra potency. Here are some of the remedies I use :
We love our honey infused with essential oils in our house. Tastes amazing. You will need 1 drop of oil to 2 Tbsp. honey.
- Honey and lemon or cinnamon essential oils for colds and flu.
- Honey and cinnamon essential oil to regulate blood sugar (cinnamon is amazing for blood sugar).
- Honey and lavender essential oil for sleep or put it on a burn.
- Honey and peppermint essential oil to boost my energy or to assist digestive issues like reflux, bloating or gastro.
- Honey and ginger essential oil for joint inflammation or digestion. Tastes great in a stir fry.
- Honey and Orange essential oil for energy and mood enhancer. Great in a salad dressing too.
For more ideas on how to naturally heal your body you can stalk me on Facebook:
You can also go to my page and click join and save to receive 25% off retail prices for the best essential oils on the planet
Subscribe to Blog via Email