GF, DF, NF, V
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ Cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the maple syrup and bring to the boil.
- Add blueberries and bring it to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce is a thick syrupy consistency.
- Serve on top of the pancakes.
- 2 ripe bananas (if you don’t want to use banana, just use 2 cups of milk and a little monk fruit sugar)
- 1 ¾ Cups gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ Cups milk (coconut, rice or almond milk for dairy free)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (or dairy free spread if dairy free)
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the egg to the mashed banana and whisk together.
- Sift 1 cup flour into banana mixture and add 1 cup milk.
- Using a whisk, give the batter a good beat.
- Sift the rest of the flour in and gradually add the rest of the milk into batter.
- Whisk until nice and smooth. If you find the batter is a bit too thick for your liking, gradually add more milk or don’t add all the milk if you prefer it thicker.
- Alternatively you can do this process in a food processor so the batter is nice a light.
- Add melted butter to the batter and whisk.
- Heat a flat fry pan or crepe pan on stove top at medium heat, with a half a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil to give the pancake a nice golden outter layer.
- Ladle a large scoop of the batter in a circle shape into the pan.
- When the top of the pancake starts to bubble, using an egg flip, flip pancake over to the other side.
- After a minute lift the bottom of the pancake up to see if it has the desired golden colour. Lift out and put onto a plate with blueberry sauce.