Protein, carbs and fat all in one meal. Yes we need all of those in order for our bodies to use food as fuel. This is great with a salad for dinner or have it for breakfast.
Gluten and nut free
- 8 free range eggs
- 2 zucchini grated
- 1 Cup cooked spinach, finely shredded (I steam mine and then cool it and finely slice it)
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 Cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 Cup grated sweet potato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a square pyrex dish or tray.
- Drain as much liquid out of the spinach as you can. I put mine in a strainer lined with a few paper towels. Squeeze the paper around the spinach so the liquid come out the bottom. Do the same with the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, gently mix all of the eggs. Don’t whisk them as this creates too many air bubbles.
- Add zucchini, spinach, sweet potato, ricotta, sour cream, cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper, and gently mix with a fork. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pyrex dish and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through and nice and golden on the top. You will know it’s cooked through if you give it a light touch on the top and it bounces back.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve with a side salad. I have mine for breakfast the next day.
Subscribe to Blog via Email