Winter time calls for a nice warm chilli. Some of us like our meat free meals. They are much easier to digest. Here is a tasty one for you. Get your slow cooker out.
My children loved it, I hope yours do too.
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 ½ Cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 Cups Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¾ Cup brown lentils (or 1 can, rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder (or to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 jar Passata sauce
- ½ Cup water
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- ¹/8 tsp. Black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan or cast iron pot to medium-high heat. Add oil and allow to get hot and bubbly.
- Add onion to the oil. Cook stirring for 2 minutes until onion is soft and translucent. Now add the garlic and stir into the onion and oil.
- Sprinkle all of the spices into the pan and stir for 1 minute ensuring they don’t burn. Add in carrots, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower, salt and pepper. Stir for 3 minutes coating the vegetables in the spices and oil.
- Pour in passata. Add the water to the empty passata bottle, put the the on and shake it. Pour that into the pan too. Stir the vegetables into the sauce. Bring to the boil.
- Pour all the contents into the slow cooker. Put the heat on low and cook for 6 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice and guacamole.