Gluten, dairy and nut free…
It is always best to use rice that has been cooked in advance. Spread it out on a lined baking tray and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. This prevents the rice from getting gluggy as it dries it out a little.
You can add any vegetables you like. This is what I added….
- 2 cups basmati rice rinsed and drained.
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and finely diced.
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 fresh corn cobs, corn removed
- ½ cup peas
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Sesame oil
- Rinse 2 cups of rice in a strainer and cook via the absorption method: add 4 cups of cold water to the rice in a medium saucepan. Put the lid on. Turn heat up to high. Bring the rice to the boil. Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Don’t allow the rice to burn on the bottom. Turn the heat off and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a large baking tray with foil or baking paper. Spread rice out on the tray to a thin layer. Place the tray in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a wok to high and add coconut oil. add bacon and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium/high and add onion and garlic to the wok. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in zucchini, carrot and corn. Cook for 2 minutes and add the soy and sesame oil. Add peas and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice and toss the vegetables throughout the rice.
- Add in the egg and stir through the rice for 1 minute.