You can have your sweet treat without all the sugar and bad fats. This recipe doesn’t take long at all.
Cinnamon essential oil has so many great benefits:
Cleaning, cold and achy joints, supports and strengthens a healthy immune system, mouth wash, soothe a sore throat, adds a nice spicy and warm flavour to food, supports healthy metabolic function, naturally repeals insects, promotes healthy circulatory function, supports the health of the urinary tract and kidneys, helps support healthy blood sugar levels, helps support healthy liver function, maintains the health of the gastrointestinal tract.
Gluten, egg and dairy free
Prep time: 20 mins
- 10 Medjool dates, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Cup almond meal
- 1 Cup coconut
- 1 Tbsp. peanut, cashew or almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (softened)
- ¼ Cup cocao
- 20 Medjool dates, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ Cup tahini
- ¹⁄³ Cup boiling water
- 1 drop doTERRA cinnamon essential oil
- ½ Cup cocao
- ¼ Cup liquid coconut oil. If you like your topping to set a bit firmer you can do half liquid and half solid coconut oil.
- 3½ Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Grease and line a square slice tin.
- Put the boiling water into a glass jug and add the dates. Allow to dates to soak while you begin the rest of the slice.
- Put all of the ingredients for the base into a food processor and blend until well combined and a damp consistency.
- Pour it into the slice tin and push down until firm, smoothing into the corners. Make sure it is spread out evenly. Place in the fridge while you do the rest of the slice.
- Wipe out the bowl of the food processor and add the ingredients for the caramel.
- Blend until a smooth and creamy consistency. Pour over the base of the slice.
- Put all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together to make a kind of icing. Pour over the caramel and smooth out making sure it goes into the corners.
- Place in the fridge too set for an hour or 2 or until is is set.
- Remove from the tin and cut as you please.
If you loved this recipe, please share it with your friends. I would love to see a photo of you final result. Feel free to send one to me so I can add it to my food followers page.
If you would like to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips.
Subscribe to Blog via Email