I use red lentils for these as they breakdown a lot more and easier to bind. You can use any. I also use tapioca flour because it gives a nice crunch on the outside. Agin, you can use whatever flour you like.
Gluten, egg, dairy, nut free
- 2 Cups soaked and cooked red lentils. Once cooled, squeeze and excess fluid out.
- 2 carrots, grated.
- 2 zucchini, grated and excess liquid squeezed out.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 1-2 Tbsp. curry powder (depending how strong you like it)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste.
- Chilli powder to taste, optional.
- 2/3 tsp. tapioca flour and a little to dust with
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients except the oil.
- Take a handful of the mixture and bind it to make a patty. Flatten it a little. Put patties on a clean plate and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Take them out of the fridge and dust both sides of the patties with some tapioca flour.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the oil and wait until the oil is hot.
- Place the patties into the pan, squish them down a little with the back of the flipper and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. You may need to do it in two batches. Don’t crowd the pan as it will be too hard to flip the patties over.
- Once they are cooked, take them out and place on a clean plat lined with paper towel.
- I serve mine with salad and chilli oil.