GF, DF, NF, EF
My Guacamole is a great dip to have with cut up veggies, crackers or an accompaniment to a lovely Mexican meal.
Quick tip: You have to use avocados that are soft with a little firmness, but not squishy. If you avocados are too hard, put them in a brown paper bag in the sun or a warm spot in the kitchen. You can also wrap them in foil and put them in a 100ºC oven for 15 minutes if you’re desperate.
To help keep the avocado from going brown, keep the seed and put it in the dip at the end.
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- ½ tomato, finely diced
- Juice of ½ lime (you can use lemon if you don’t have lime)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ red onion finely diced or 2 shallots finely diced (optional)
- Large pinch pink salt and cracked black pepper
- For the kids I like to put all the ingredients in a small food processor. This way they can’t complain about lumps and bits.
- If your kids don’t mind bits, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice, diced tomato, salt, pepper and Coriander. Taste.
- At this point you can give it a quick buzz in a food processor.
- You can add a bit of chilli if it’s for adults or if your kids don’t mind a bit of a kick.
- Serve with any Mexican meal BEAN LETTUCE TACOS BEEF LETTUCE TACOS MEXE CHICKEN or check out my sweet potato chip recipe SWEET POTATO CHIPS
If you would like to know how to assist your family with a non-toxic approach to health click the link below. Make sure you go to “join and save” to receive 25% off wholesale prices.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook
Subscribe to Blog via Email