Ok so this isn’t the best photo, but when your kids are rushing you to eat dinner the photo ends up like this.
When your son loves sausages and isn’t a fan of vegetables, you have to get creative. This has hidden vegetables.
I ask my local butcher for preservative free sausages.
I like to process the onion and carrot in this meal but you can dice them if you like.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 10 thick sausages, if you use thin ones use 12.
- 1 brown onion, cut into ¼
- 2 carrots, cut into ¼
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Cup chicken stock. I use home made BONE BROTH
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1½ Tbsp. tomato paste
- 75g fresh beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, pinch
- Heat a large frying pan on medium/high heat. Add ½ the olive oil and heat until it bubbles.
- Cook sausages in pan. Reduce the heat if they start to burn a bit on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove them from the pan to a clean plate to cool. Once cooled a little, slice.
- Process onion and carrot until fine.
- Add the other half of the olive oil to the pan and turn the heat to medium. Add curry powder and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Pour in the onion and carrot mix and add the garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes. Don’t let it burn.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat up to medium/high, cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the sausages and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Serve with mash. My kids enjoy mashed vegetables with this meal.
For amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save for 25% off retail prices