These muesli bites are so quick to make, no baking and way healthier than the ones you buy at the supermarket.
Gluten, dairy and egg free
- ½ Cup apricots
- 350g medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ Cup almonds
- ½ Cup walnuts
- ½ Cup hemp seeds
- ¾ Cup shredded coconut
- ¾ Cup rolled oats (I use gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (hard)
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- ¼ Cup boiling water
- 1 drop doterra’s cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. hard coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. cocao
If you’re feeling adventurous you can add doterra’s WILD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Line a slice tray with baking paper (approx. 18-20cm rectangle one)
- Mix the coconut oil, and boiling water in a small glass jar to melt the oil. Add the honey and cinnamon oil and stir.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until fine but still slightly chunky.
- Por the oil and water mix into the food processor and blend until the ingredients are covered in the sweet oil mixture.
- Pour the ingredients into the lined tray and press down firmly. Make sure it is even and smooth across the top. Place in the fridge while you make the chocolate for the topping.
- Put the coconut oil and honey into a small saucepan and place over low heat. Gently melt the oil and honey together and whisk slowly. Turn the heat off.
- Sift in the cocao and whisk it into the oil and honey.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the slice and place back in the fridge to set.
- Allow to set for 30 to 45 mins or until the chocolate is firm.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
If you loved this recipe I would love to see a photo of the finished product. You can send it to me on Facebook. There you will also find some more health and wellness tips.
To purchase the amazing essential oils you need click the link below and go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices.