You really can’t get a more simple dessert. Adding Doterra’s peppermint essential oil brings a truck load of health benefits. If you have a headache, these may actually assist you.
Gluten, egg and nut free
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, broken into small pieces (you can use half dark and half milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 12-15 strawberries, washed
- 3-4 drops of Doterra Peppermint essential oil
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, add 3-4cm of water and begin to heat on low to medium heat. Place a glass bowl on the top of the saucepan ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Add the chocolate to the glass bowl. Gently stir the chocolate with a metal spoon to allow it to melt slowly. If you heat it too quickly it will go lumpy and harden.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the top of the saucepan.
- Stir in the peppermint essential oil.
- Working quickly, dip a strawberry in the chocolate and place on the lined baking tray. You need to make sure that you do use baking paper on the tray or plate because if you don’t the chocolate will stick to the tray or plate after being in the fridge, and then you will lose it off the strawberry.
- Place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
If you want to get adventurous, you can melt some white chocolate and drizzle it over the strawberries after they have been set in the fridge. Place them back in the fridge for the white chocolate to set.
For information on how to purchase peppermint essential oil, go to:
Click join and save to receive 25% off retail prices.
Find out the health benefits of this amazing oil: