Comforting and stimulating Supports healthy digestion
Stimulate the Endocrine system Reduce nervous tension & fatigue
Assists with addictions Hair loss and healthy scalp
Increase energy Muscle aches and pains
Helps with chills Supports cognitive function
Assist immunity & respiratory issues
- 12 organic chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 2-3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 brown onion
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- ½ Cup olives of your choice. Traditionally Kalamata olives are used. I used mixed, marinated olives.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ Cup red wine
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 drops dōTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- 2 drops of dōTERRA Rosemary essential oil
You can use a slow cooker or a pressure cooker. I use a pressure cooker. Same result, different timing.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onion and stir for 1 minute or until soft and translucent.
- Add in garlic, carrot and celery. Stir for 1 minute.
- Put the drumsticks on top and add wine, salt, mushrooms, tomatoes and olives. Scrape all bits from the bottom of the pan and pour into pressure cooker or slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook for 30 minutes or 5-6 hours if you’re using a slow cooker.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir in essential oils.
- I served ours with polenta (see side dishes). If the kids don’t like vegetables, just pour the sauce over the chicken minus veggie chunks. The nutrients from the vegetables will be in the sauce anyway.