My family loves Thai food. This is my altered version of Gai Yang. So easy and full of flavour. Something your kids will enjoy.
Gluten, dairy, nut and egg free
- 6 chicken thighs, cut in half
- ½ can coconut cream or coconut milk (keep the other half to make coconut rice to go with the chicken
- 2-3 drops doterra lemongrass essential oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 drops doterra ginger essential oil
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. palm, coconut or brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- Place all of the ingredients, apart from the chicken, into a large dish and mix together to form a thick marinade.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade until it is all covered.
- Place a lid or some sort of cover on the dish and put in the fridge to marinate for at least and hour.
- Preheat the grill section of your BBQ until it is nice and hot.
- Brush the grill with a little coconut oil.
- Place the chicken on the grill and spoon any left over marinade onto the chicken.
- Allow to cook on the one side for 8 minutes and then turn it over.
- Allow to cook for a further 8 minutes. You will need to keep and eye on them pieces of chicken as you will have some smaller and thinner pieces and those pieces wont take as long to cook through. Cut into the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it is cooked all the way through.
- We like to serve ours with COCONUT RICE and a simple salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum and shallots.
If you love this recipe, I would love to see a photo. You can send it to me via Facebook where you will also find more health and wellness tips
If you would like to support your family’s health click the link below and go to join and save to receive 25% off retail prices